- How would you search for an exact word or phrase?
You can search for a specific word by putting it in quotation marks.
- How would you search for something on a specific site?
By hitting command + f or control + f you can search a page.
- How would you correctly search for a definition?
You can add “definition” to any word you search and have the definition come up in the browser.
- How would you search for a specific product available within a specific price range?
You can indicate your price range in this manner $40..$400
- How would you search for a specific filetype?
There is a ‘file type’ setting under the advanced search settings.
- How would you include or ignore words in your search?
You can decide what words you want to exclude by using hyphens like this “Airplane – propellor.” In this case propellor would be excluded.
- How would you find sites/pages similar to an existing one?
Once you have entered your search terms and have results next to the web address of one of your results click on the drop down area. There you will be able to select ‘similar’ for similar sites.
- How would you confirm the exact form of a quote even if you were missing some of the words?
By searching the terms you know you should be able to find your full quote.
- How would search for pages containing two connected words?
By searching your tow terms inside of quotation marks you will be able to have those words connected.
- How would you search for social media content containing a specific tag?
Most social media sites have their own search bars where you can search for hashtags, tags or other content.